Friday, March 28, 2014

  



Tie dye butterflies
I love coffee filter art projects! They are colorful,
age appropriate for even the youngest artist
and best of all they are cheap!
You can use washable markers and a spray
 bottle,dot painters, or as we did today
 you can use watercolor paints.
I like to buy the small coffee filters because
 my kiddos are preschoolers and the small ones
are just  right size to keep their interest.
I set out the filters that  I have pressed flat
on newspaper for easy cleanup.
I also set out washable watercolors,
( I prefer a good quality paint such as Crayola or Prang) 
cups of water and brushes. For the bodies I let the kids
 paint clothes pins. After the kids are done painting 
let the filters and the clothes pins dry.
Then gather up the filter and clip it into the clothespin.
 You now have a beautiful tie dyed butterfly.
 For added fun you can  help the kids
roll up the butterfly and 
 put it in a toilet paper roll "cocoon"!
This is a fun activity to go with
"The very hungry caterpillar" book. 
Supplies needed
coffee filters
wooden clothespins
washable watercolors
water cups and brushes
newspaper
toilet paper rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment