Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring gardens
Today at the art table we sponge painted lovely gardens. 
I decided to add white paint to the primary colors of  paint which made 
nice shades of pastels for the gardens.Whenever I put sponge
 painting out I always hot glue my sponges to cups or  medicine bottles
to make handles for sponges. This way they are much easier 
for the kids  to print with and the paint does not end up all 
over their hands! I set out large pieces of construction paper 
and encouraged the kids to fill up their paper with lots of colorful flowers.
They enjoyed  sponging the flowers close together so their  flowers
 would touch each other. They figured out how the small  flowers could be 
the centers of their large flowers. They had a great time with 
sponge painting, and were very proud of their gardens!
Supplies needed
flower shaped  sponges
washable tempera paint
shallow bowls for the paint
large white construction paper


No comments:

Post a Comment