Friday, April 4, 2014

Fun with insects!
Being a  family childcare provider with a not so big budget
 I am always on the look out for supplies on sale. While looking 
through the clearances at Micheals I came across 
packs of card stock shapes marked down to 99 cents!
Needless to say I bought  lots of assorted shapes.  
Today we got out the pack of insect shapes. I had the kids
pick 4 of their favorite insects. I put a small piece of double 
sided tape on each one and we stuck them on a piece
of white construction paper. Then I set out the DO A DOT painters. 
These wonderful painters are available at 
Micheals (as well as teaching stores and Amazon). I use my 
40% off  Micheals coupon as they are a bit pricey, but with the coupon
  reasonable. The kids covered their paper using lots of different 
colors.  We then carefully peeled off the shapes. What fun to see the 
insects appear all in white! After they had dried the kids added
 faces to the insects.
Supplies needed
pre-cut shapes
double sided tape
large white construction paper 
DO A DOT painters
googly eyes
markers
glue

No comments:

Post a Comment