Wednesday, July 22, 2015


Salt art
There is nothing more exciting when your a teacher than 
getting a bag of donations! Especially art donations!
In my bag of goodies I found  nice sturdy vehicle
 shapes. My kiddos had lots of fun decorating them with glue 
and colored salt.  Salt is cheap and easy to color. 
Just pour it in a bowl, add some Wilton color paste, stir and 
let it dry. I  color my salt the day ahead. The dollar store
 has these small  metal cake pans. They make a great work station
 for messy art projects. I covered  the vehicles with white school
 glue and the kids used their Q-tips to spread glue all over 
their vehicle shapes. Then they got busy picking their
 favorite colors of salt for their favorite vehicle. 
We had a rainbow assortment of cars, planes, trains and boats.
Supplies needed
Sturdy shapes. 
The shapes can be found at lakeshorelearning.com
colored salt
white school glue
shallow pans or boxes
Q-tips

No comments:

Post a Comment