Friday, April 11, 2014

.
Panda bears.
A few times a month I like to do an activity I call 
"copy cat crafts." I will make a sample of the craft 
and then the kids copy it. This encourages hand 
eye coordination, listening skills and fine motor skills. I begin 
with pre cutting all the pieces and giving them to the kiddos. 
I sit with them as they build, encouraging them to find the 
pieces and place where they go. Today as we finished up our zoo theme 
we made panda bear masks. I cut  the ears into half circles and the eyes
 into ovals. I called out the shapes and had to kids glue them where they should go.
 They had fun not only building the masks but telling stories about their panda bear. 
They were so  excited to put their masks on and go on a panda bear walk!
Supplies needed
Heavy paper plates
large craft sticks(staple one to each plate
for the handle)
black paper cut into ears, and eyes
googly eyes
black pom poms
black markers
glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment