Thursday, April 10, 2014


Giraffes on parade.
This week at Homespun Daycare I have been teaching a zoo theme. 
Today I googled giraffe templates. I printed and cut them out and set them 
aside. The kids love finger painting, and I love finger painting on cookie sheets.
(not only does it keep the paint contained it makes interesting prints). 
I found my cookie sheets at the dollar tree. I put yellow paint and a dab of red 
paint on each cookie sheet.Its always fun for the the kids to see their paint mix
up as they finger paint and create a new color! After they were done painting I laid
 the giraffes on the tray and gently pressed them into the finger painted design.
Then  I lifted them out and let the kids fingerprint brown spots on their  
giraffes.They finished up by adding  a googly eye. Each giraffe  looked so 
cute all lined up, ready for a parade!
Supplies needed
Pre cut giraffes
cookie sheets
yellow tempera paint
\red tempera paint
brown tempera paint
bowls for paint
googly eyes
glue
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment