Friday, April 18, 2014


Easter blessings
I love scrap book paper so I am always looking for new ideas
for crafts that I can  incorporate scrap book paper into. Today we 
made Easter blessing pictures. They came out so cute! I did
a pinterest search for "Easter subway art" and found this cute 
print. I then did a Google search for flower templates and used
those for my pattern. I cut lots of flowers out as well as stems.
I cut and mounted the Easter blessing onto a yellow piece of construction 
paper, then glued that onto the green paper. I had the kids count out 5
big flowers and 3 little flowers and  they glued them above the words. 
This step gave them counting practice. They glued their flowers in place, and 
then counted out buttons for the center of the flowers. 
I used tacky glue for their buttons(they used glue stick for the flowers)
I added stems to the bottom of the pictures, one short one tall and had the kids
add tulips. One of my kids is Jewish so for his I printed "Happy Passover."
I am sure their families were blessed by their child's Easter picture!
Supplies needed
spring scrapbook paper
green construction paper
yellow construction paper
flower templates for pattern
colorful buttons
subway art print outs
glue sticks
tacky glue

No comments:

Post a Comment