Thursday, April 17, 2014

Empty tombs
Today we made empty tombs as we continued to learn all about Easter. 
I took heavy paper plates and cut them in half. Then I glued the the two halves
   together with tacky glue. It's best to do this the night before so they are
dry when the kids paint them. I also cut out stone shapes. Next
 I cut a small opening out of one of the plates and I taped a piece of black paper behind it. 
 A  hole punched  next to the cut out tomb opening will be to attach the stone
 to the tomb with a brad.  I don't add the stone until after
 the kids have painted the tombs and they have dried. I let the kids
paint their tombs. For an easier craft you can have them color the tombs.
While the kids paint their tombs we retell the Easter story together. After the tombs
 are dry we add the stone and foam flowers. I closed the tomb and
 let the kids "roll the rock away" and add a "Christ has risen" sticker.
Supplies needed
heavy paper plates
brown paint
paint pots and brushes
black paper
foam stickers
brads
Christ has risen stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment