Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Jesus prays in the garden
Today I started our Easter unit, and I started out with one of my 
favorite Easter crafts--tissue flowers and clear contact paper. It 
  makes a brightly colored "stain glass window".  The first thing I do 
is precut the flowers.I Google a flower template,cut it out, trace
it onto the tissue paper and cut lots of flowers out of lots of colors
of tissue. Walmart has a large package of assorted colors
that will last for lots of crafts! The next step is to cut clear contact
paper into rectangle shapes.For the craft you will be folding the paper in half so
the two sticky sides stick together to make a square. You also need to
Google a coloring page of Jesus  praying in the garden
and cut Jesus out. I cut four strips of black paper for each child
so I can build a frame for the finished craft.I just cut a 8x12 piece
of paper into the strips and trim off the excess after I have glued the strips to the picture.
Now the prep work is done it's time to make the gardens. I had my the kids color their
 Jesus and set him aside.Then I pulled half the backing off the rectangle
 piece of contact paper.The kids place their Jesus colored side down on
the sticky side of the paper. Be sure he is high enough on the paper so he's
 not covered by the frame.They then add the flowers. After they
 are done I carefully peel the rest of the backing off the contact paper and
 fold it over the tissue flowers and press down. I use a glue
 stick to put the  frame on and then I trim the  excess black paper.
I add a piece of ribbon in the center on the back of the frame to hang it with.
They  look so pretty taped on the arcadia door.
Supplies needed
Clear contact paper
assorted colors of tissue paper
flower templates
Picture of Jesus praying
black construction paper
ribbon
glue sticks
For a Passover craft I did a pinterest search
for subway Passover art.






No comments:

Post a Comment